- Find a rent-to-own property: Look for a home that is being offered as a rent-to-own property. You can find these listings through real estate agents, online classifieds, or by searching for “rent-to-own” homes in your area.
- Review the terms of the rent-to-own agreement: Once you find a property that you are interested in, review the terms of the rent-to-own agreement carefully. This will typically include the purchase price of the home, the length of the rental period, and the terms of the option to purchase the home.
- Pay an option fee: Once you have reviewed and agreed to the terms of the rent-to-own agreement, you will typically be required to pay an option fee. This fee gives you the right to purchase the home at a later date, but is usually non-refundable.
- Rent the property: Once you have paid the option fee, you will begin renting the property. This is typically a standard rental agreement, with the added benefit that a portion of your rent may go towards the purchase price of the home.
- Exercise the option to purchase: After the rental period has ended, you will have the option to purchase the home. This typically involves obtaining financing, such as a mortgage, and completing a purchase and sales agreement.
- Close on the purchase: Once you have obtained financing and signed the purchase and sales agreement, you will close on the purchase of the home. This typically involves paying closing costs and transferring ownership of the property to you.
Get Your Fast, Fair Offer Today!
START HERE: We buy houses in ANY CONDITION. Whether you need to sell your home fast for cash or list with a local agent for top dollar, we can help.
HOW IT WORKS
SELL YOUR HOUSE